About the Book
In this modern era of high competition and fast changes, ‘Management of Technology and Innovation’ is assuming ever increasing importance in shaping progress and future of nations and business firms. This book covers both management and economic aspects of technology and innovation from macro as well as micro perspectives. It also discusses the steps and strategies for dealing with the rapid and dynamic change introduced by technology and innovation.
Simplicity of writing style with illustrations and problems for self study are the hall mark of this new edition. The book has been written to make learning easy especially for beginners. The book meets most course contents of the management and commerce students of various Indian universities at UG/PG level, including MBA students of GGS IP University. Previous year end term question papers of GGS IP University have been placed in the last section of the book.
Besides, the book also provides deep insights into many contemporary issues/topics including:
• Disruptive Technologies and Innovations: Managing the Change • MEET Framework for Managing Organizational Creativity • Techniques for Harnessing Organizational Creativity • Harnessing Serendipity • Innovative Organizations • Turbulence Management • Organizational Transformation
• PICS Framework for Managing Organizational Transformation
1. Importance of the Subject 2. Science and Technology 3. Management of Technology
4. Technology Intelligence and Forecasting 5. Technology Generation 6. Creativity and Invention
7. Innovation Management 8. Technology Acquisition and Transfer 9. Technology Absorption
10. Technology Diffusion 11. Technology Maturity, Obsolescence and Discontinuities 12. Technology Assessment and Audit 13. Technological Change 14. Organizational Change Management
15. Organizational Transformation Previous Year End Term University Question Papers – GGS IP University
About the Author
Dr. Vijay Kumar Khurana is working as a ‘Professor’ at Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies (MAIMS), Rohini, Delhi. He holds degrees of MBA from FMS, University of Delhi, M Sc (Software) from Kurukshetra University, and Ph.D. from Bundelkhand University, Jhansi. Dr. Khurana carries with him a rich experience of more than 32 years, out of which he worked for nearly 14 years with reputed companies in the private sector, and for the last 18 years, he is in academics, teaching management and commerce students. He has officiated as a Director at few management institutes namely DPCIM, RCM and HIM. He has written/presented many research papers on ‘Technology, Innovation and Creativity’ for national and international journals/conferences. Dr. Khurana also remained editor of journal ‘J-GIBS’, chief editor of journal ‘(Global) Evolution’ and editor of journal ‘Effulgence.’ Presently he is editor-in-chief of ‘MAIMS Journal of Management.’
Dr. Anil K Saini is working as a ‘Professor’ at University School of Management Studies, GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi. He holds degrees of MCA, MBA, and Ph.D. from FMS, University of Delhi. He carries with him blend of industrial and academic experience of more than 32 years out of which six years in the industry in responsible capacities. Dr. Saini has to his credit twelve published books and over ninety papers in national and international journals/conferences. Dr. Saini is also the Director of Industry Interaction Cell of the University. He has been pro-actively involved with professional associations and is Senior Life member of Computer Society of India (CSI), Fellow of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), Life Member of AIMA, Operational Research Society of India (ORSI). Dr. Saini is a member of the Board of Studies of AIMA and Jamia Millia Islamia University since 2011. His major interests include: Computer Applications, Information Systems, Databases, Technology and Innovation Management, Knowledge Management and Healthcare systems.