About the Book
This book has been written for the introductory course on Fluid Mechanics at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. As Fluid Mechanics is one of the core subject for most of the engineering disciplines, this book gives enhanced exposure to fluid mechanics to cater to a full course of all universities. This book fulfills the curriculum needs of UG and PG students of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Production Engineering, Automobile Engineering, aeronautical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Tool Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering etc.
• It contains sixteen chapters covering the essential text dealing with fundamental concepts related to fluids.
• Each chapter precisely and logically presents the basic concepts and principles
• Many illustrative diagrams have been provided to make text easy to understand.
• Well-designed objective type questions have also been included which will be helpful for students preparing for competitive examinations.
• Numerical problems are solved in very clear manner leaving no doubt behind.
• Question Papers have also been included at the end of the book.
1. Properties of Fluids 2. Pressure and its Measurement 3. Hydrostatic Forces on Surface 4. Buoyancy and Floatation 5. Kinematics of Fluid Motion 6. Dynamics of Fluid Flow 7. Dimensional and Model Analysis 8. Laminar Flow: Viscous Flow 9. Turbulent Flow 10. Boundary Layer Theory 11. Flow Through Pipe 12. Notches and Weirs 13. Orifices and Mouthpieces 14. Flow Past Submerged Bodies, 15. Flow Through Open Channels 16. Compressible Flows,Objective Questions, Examination Papers, References, Appendices, Index
About the Author
Shiv Kumar, is Associate Professor in the department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering in Mahaveer Swami Institute of Technology, Sonipat, Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. He obtained his Bachelors degree in Mechanical Machine Design and Automation Engineering from NIT Jalandhar and Masters Degree in Thermal Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi University. He has 14 years of rich teaching experience. He has authored several other books in core subjects of Mechanical Engineering like Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Systems, Engineering Graphics, Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines, Basics of Mechanical Engineering, Elements of Mechanical Engineering etc.