About the Book
The present book is a comprehensive, analytical and up-to-date study of various theoretical and empirical developments in the subject along with the fundamental principles and problems of Macroeconomics. The coverage of the book is very wide, incorporating theories, principles, institutions and policies of Macroeconomic. It is primarily designed as a textbook for Postgraduate students of Indian Universities. However, it can also be used by candidates of various competitive and professional examinations.
- Comprehensive in both depth and range incorporating all the standard topics on the subject.
- Written according to the latest syllabi of Indian universities.
- Incorporate a good bit of research findings and latest development in Macroeconomics.
- Recapitulating Exercise provides Short Notes on many critical concepts and theories.
- Useful Topical References are appended at the end of the book.
1. An Overview of Macroeconomics
2. National Income
3. National Income and Economic Welfare
4. Social Accounting (National Income Accounting)
5. Wage Price Flexibility and Employment
6. Philips Curve: Wage (Inflation) – Unemployment Relation
7. Simple Income Determination Model
8. Classical and Keynesian Theories of Income and Employment
9. Keynesian Economics and Less Developed Countries
10. Consumption Function
11. Investment Function
13. Acceleration and Super Multiplier
14. Theories of Business Cycles
15. Macro Theories of Income Distribution
16. Money: Nature and Function
17. Quantity Theory of Money
18. Keynes’s Theory of Money and Price
19. Income Theory of Money
20. Liquidity Theory of Money
21. Saving and Investment Equality
22. Money Supply
23. Demand for Money: Classical, Keynesian and Post-Keynesian Theories
24. Neutrality of Money
25. Theories of Interest Rates
26. Term Structure of Rate of Interest
27. Inflation and Its Control
28. Patinkin’s Integration of Money and Value Theories (Classical Dichotomy)
29. General Equilibrium of Product and Money Markets: IS and LM Functions
30. Central Banking
31. Commercial Banking
32. Credit Creation
33. Techniques of Credit Control
34. Non-Bank Financial Intermediaries
35. The Theory of Macroeconomic Policy
36. Monetary Policy
37. Fiscal Policy
38. Monetarism vs Fiscalism: The Debate
39. Foreign Exchange Rates
40. Balance of Payments
41. International Monetary Fund
42. World Bank (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development)
43. International Monetary System: Liquidity, Problems and Reform
44. Post-Keynesian Developments in Macroeconomics: A Resume
45. Postscript: Some Current Issues in Macroeconomics, Select Bibliography, Index.
About the Author
Dr. B.N.Ghosh, Ph.D(India), Ph.D(Australia), M.CIM(UK), GFCR(Harvard), is currently Visiting Professor at Leeds College of Management and Technology, Leeds (UK),Formerly, he was the Director of the Institute of Management and Technology at punnapra (Kerala), Govt. of Kerala. He was the Chief Editor of International Journal of Human Development (UK). He has taught in a few universities in India and Malaysia for a long time, and also worked in Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus as a Visiting Professor for many years. He has written extensively in refereed professional journals and attended International Conferences in many countries including UK, Italy, China, North Africa, India and Iran. His research works have been published in India, USA, UK, Canada, Italy, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Netherlands, Korea and Philippines. He had a stint as a Visiting Professor at Zhejiang Gongshang University, China.
He has written, edited and co-authored a large number of books published by renowned international publishers of India, Malaysia, UK and USA. He has undertaken short-term consultancies for various organizations including the UNDP and the Government of Malaysia.
He is Chief Editor of Journal of Human Development. Prof. Ghosh is the recipient of the Emerald Award (UK) for academic excellence for the year 2006